Good Day, Beautiful!
This month, the Beauty Box 5 team curated their first box of the year. The products they have chosen will prepare us for the new challenges that will arise this year because we will never know what new opportunities are on the horizon. We must put our well-manicured self forward and say hello to the fresh possibilities. Continue on with this post to see the details and individual close-up’s of the products. ♥
What is Beauty Box 5 anyway? “Beauty Box 5 is a subscription-based, beauty sampling service that delivers 5 deluxe samples and full-sized products right to your door every month. It’s a cosmetic jungle out there and we want to lend a helping hand by introducing you to new brands and great products, while sharing tips on the best way to use them.” Get your Beauty Box 5 here and see what subscription options you can choose from.
Hard Candy Kal-Eye-Descope Baked Eyeshadow in Make Believe Retail $6.00 USD for 0.15oz
- ”Use these highly pigmented shadows to highlight eyes with rich color. Apply wet for a dramatic finish or dry for a softer, shimmery effect. Available in a kal-eye-descope of coordinating shades.” #HardCandy
- THOUGHTS/REVIEW: Whoa, I haven’t tried anything from Hard Candy for quite some time now! This baked eyeshadow is amazing. It works just as great as other higher-end brands with baked eyeshadows. I also love that I can use baked products wet or dry depending on the intensity I want!
Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Gold Cabaret Retail $9.99 USD for 16 Nail Polish Strips
- ”A perfect mani for up to 10 days? Bring it on! Peel and apply strips to your nails, smooth over and then shape for easy nail art. Bonus: when you’re done, they come off with regular polish remover!” #SallyHansen
- THOUGHTS/REVIEW: This is another line I haven’t bought in a long time too! I remember loving these Sally Hansen Salon Effects because they were so convenient and easy to use. I’m really excited to try this and rekindle my fascination for this product again!
Ultraflesh The Gold Standard Mascara in Blackout Retail $21.00 USD for 0.27oz
- ”Dramatic, thicker lashes are as good as gold with this amped-up mascara! The expert wand gets every lash coated for major results. Feeling bold? Layer two or three coats for the most va-va-voom.” #FusionBeauty
- THOUGHTS/REVIEW: I love the packaging of this eyeliner, it’s so fancy! I don’t recall ever hearing anything from this brand before and I’m really excited to give it a shot. The wand is very unique and nothing like I’ve ever seen and I apologize for not having a photo of it to feature.
Softsoap Nutri Serums Vitamin E Body Wash Retail $8.00 USD for 15oz
- ”Treat your body to rich moisture and a super fresh scent while showering! The softening serum pearls burst with Vitamin E to hydrate and Omegas 3 and 6 help your skin retain moisture all day long to banish winter dryness.” #SoftSoap
- THOUGHTS/REVIEW: This is the first thing I tried immediately after taking photos of it to feature here. I was just about done with my body wash and wanted to try something new and voila! this came at the perfect time. So far I’m loving it and it smells wonderful!!!
Hard Candy Take Me Out Liner in Sushi Retail $5.00 USD for 0.036oz
- ”A creamy liner with powerful pigment is a girl’s best friend, and this fun little chopstick-inspired pencil has our hearts. Accent your eyes with this sassy shade or smudge it out for a perfectly purple smokey eye.” #HardCandy
- THOUGHTS/REVIEW: Whoa, the packaging on this baby is very unique for an eyeliner. They were not kidding when they said “chopstick-inspired” because it really looks like it. I’m not a huge fan of eyeliner pencils that need sharpening but the formula is ultra-creamy! LOVE IT. Oh and if you’re curious, this swatch looks almost identical to the Urban Decay Fishnet Eyeshadow!! Cool huh?
My overall rating of this month’s Beauty Box 5 is a 5 out of 5 stars! This box exceeds the monthly price of $12 USD (it’s well worth over $21). This box by far is the BEST Beauty Box 5 I’ve received! I cannot wait to see the future Beauty Box 5 boxes for this year. They are off to an amazing start! ♥ Did you get a box this month? If so, what did you get? — Get your Beauty Box 5 here and see what subscription options you can choose from!
*Disclosure: This post contains product(s) sent to me for editorial consideration from Beauty Box 5. No compensation was given to me for this post. Post contains no affiliate links. All thoughts expressed are my own. View my policy here.