For those of you who are unfamiliar with Ipsy (formerly known as MyGlam), it is a subscription program/website co-founded by a YouTube beauty sensation, Michelle Phan. According to Ipsy, “Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.”
This month, the Ipsy team curated a Glamour Academy bag that is perfect for any professional or student. The bag is full of beauty essentials necessary for stashing in school bags or for prepping for the next big party. Keep reading to see the awesome stuff in this month’s bag…
Below are individual close-up’s and product information accordning to Ipsy’s product information card.
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy Price of Full Size ($22 USD/0.09oz)
- I cannot express how much I love this lipstick. I own 2 other lipsticks from this line and I’m in love. They are creamy and extremely long-wearing. I’ll do a review on the other colors soon.
Pixi Lash Booster Mascara in Blackest Black Price of Full Size ($17 USD/0.25oz)
- Any beauty addict can never have too much mascara so getting mini mascara’s are always a plus. I have a ton of other mascara’s opened that need to be used up before I dive into this mascara. I cannot wait to see how I’ll like this mascara.
MicaBeauty Eye Shadow in Bronze Price of Full Size ($14.95 USD/0.1oz)
- I received a few MicaBeauty products in previous Ipsy bags (February 2013 and April 2013) and so far they’ve been great. All of the MicaBeauty products have always been full size and worth more than the price of the bag itself so I cannot complain. Way to go Ipsy!
Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub Price of Full Size ($18 USD/3.4oz)
- OH MY GOODNESS! I was so excited to see this in my bag this month. I’ve heard so much about the Michael Todd brand all over the beauty industry and I never got around to try it for myself. I cannot wait to try this and I have a feeling that it will not disappoint me. FINALLY!
Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream Price of Full Size ($16 USD/1oz)
- I love BB creams and all the benefits infused into them. When I applied this BB cream onto my hands, it blended smoothly and matched my skin tone perfectly. As a BB cream, I do wish it has some sort of SPF in it though to help protect against sun. Other than the SPF, I cannot wait to incorporate this into my daily makeup routine.
My overall satisfaction of my August Ipsy Bag is 5 out of 5 stars. All of the products are things I would use and/or incorporate into my beauty routine. Though I wish there were more full-sized products like previous Ipsy bags, I can’t complain. The products I received in this month’s bag is well-worth the $10 USD I paid and for that I am extremely grateful. 😀
Did you get an Ipsy bag too? What did you get and what are your thoughts on it?